One of the most asked questions I get as a local photographer on Anna Maria Island is what to wear for photos on the beach. I have photographed 250+ sessions on the beach and I am giving you all the tips and tricks for the best clothing and wardrobe selections in order to have the best beach photos that you will love for years to come!
- Wear lighter, neutral or pastel colors to compliment the scenery. Light blues and pastels are my favorite, just because it matches some of those beautiful sunsets we get on Anna Maria Island. Avoid wearing all black (its too much contrast against the light backgrounds) and orange or neon colors
2. Dress it up a little! Moms, this goes for you. Treat yourself to a new dress that you are absolutely in love with, and maybe even get your hair and make-up done! I always recommend that moms pick their outfit first – then decide on all the other outfits based around your outfit.
3. Make sure the items fit you properly, everyone feels their best in them and they allow everyone to have fun, run around and be comfortable!
4. Show your personality with your choices. Do you love sunglasses? Bring some for the family! Does your daughter love bows? Let her wear one! Stay away from any graphics or large logos. Prints are okay though!
5. Ask your photographer (me!) – I often tell my clients to email or text me concerning their outfit selections. I am more than happy to give my opinion on what looks best and love helping! Sometimes you just need another eye or opinion.